PLATO R-V ATHLETIC
Return to Play Guidelines and Recommendations
The Plato Athletic Department, working in conjunction with CDC guidelines and local health departments will implement the following plan to get our student-athletes back into the gym. Because of the seriousness of COVID-19, the following guidelines will be followed when practices resume June 15.
Because of the seriousness of COVID-19, parents and students must work with staff to follow all guidelines. This is a requirement to participate in athletics.
- Participants must sign the Parent Permission and Waiver of Liability for Student Participation in Athletics.
- The Plato R-V Athletic Department understands that participation can not and will not be mandatory for anyone.
- All student-athletes will stay six feet away from other participants and be in groups of less than ten.
- Participants cannot treat spreading the virus as a joke – parents will be notified and asked to be a part of enforcing this requirement.
- Only participants will be allowed in the facilities, parents/guardians will need to remain in their car.
- Participants must closely monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and will not attend if exhibiting symptoms including but not limited to: fever, dry cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pains. Any instance of testing or a positive COVID-19 diagnosis of a participant or individuals a participant has come in contact with must be immediately reported to the athletic department.
- Participants must bring their own water bottle. Water fountains will not be used.
- Face Masks are recommended but not mandatory.
- Information and updates regarding schedules and changes to procedures will be sent to students through Remind.
- A scheduled time will be offered for each grade level. The Athletic Director can adjust training assignments by request to support job schedules or training with family members.
- All HS athletes will start with weight room/cardio work in the old gym. JH athletes will meet in the New Gym – enter through the side door closest to the Tennis Court.
Monday – Thursday Practice Times
6:00-7:30 AM (any grade) – this must be your consistent practice time if selected
6:00-7:00 PM (JH athletes)
7:00-8:30 PM (9th and 10th grade athletes)
8:00-9:30 PM (11th and 12th grade athletes)
Here’s the waiver again: Parent Permission and Waiver of Liability for Student Participation in Athletics.
If you have questions or if students are experiencing concerns related to COVID-19 please email Coach Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: June 10, 2020